How do agencies source additional services?
Government agencies must buy their GovCMS hosting plan directly from the Department of Finance, but many agencies need extra help to redevelop or migrate their website. Most choose one of the following options to get this work done:
- Some agencies have internal resources who can do this work, often supplemented by contractors and other experts
- Agencies can engage another agency, including the Department of Finance, to build and migrate their site
- Agencies can approach the market directly, seeking quotes or tender responses, and choose a supplier
- Agencies can use the Deed of Standing Offer that is in place between the Department of Finance and our main contractor, Acquia Inc.
It is up to each agency to assess if a service offering meets their needs and offers value for money.
Tips for selling GovCMS-related services
We suggest that suppliers engage with agencies through their normal channels for GovCMS-related work.
Those with Drupal skills and experience, familiarity with the GovCMS distribution, and/or some involvement with the broader Drupal community will be well placed to work on GovCMS development projects.
Suppliers and their government customers can contact the GovCMS team team about hosting requirements, and for various development, deployment and maintenance options. Projects with a high volume of websites, or requiring new modules, should also contact the GovCMS team for more information.
GovCMS Drupal Services Panel
The GovCMS Drupal Services Panel was established in 2017.
This panel is designed to:
- reduce the cost of the supply of these services to agencies
- continue to meet the business needs of agencies
- contribute to a competitive and viable industry
- result in fair, equitable and transparent processes; and
- optimise government savings by reducing costs and improving efficiencies
See more information about the Drupal Services Panel.