Do you have a technical role in your team or maybe you’re responsible for content and want to know more? We offer Content Administration and Site Builder training in a range of formats to meet your needs.
Content Administration and Site Builder training is available through GovTEAMS for GovCMS customers. If you don’t have GovTEAMS we can add you as a guest.
The duration of these sessions are:
- Content Administration - 4 days (1 x 2-hour session per day)
- Site Builder - 4 days (2 x 2 hour sessions per day)
The cost to attend a session is:
- Online Content Administration - $600.00 ex GST
- Online Site Builder - $1,200.00 ex GST
If your organisation is not a non-corporate entity, you will be charged GST on top of the above fee. Non corporate Commonwealth entities are not charged GST. Invoices will be sent to your nominated contact after you have attended an online training session. Register your interest to attend.
Our online training materials are available to everyone:
*Salsa Digital has created the first 7 of a suite of 24 videos. We expect to release the next batch of videos in the coming months.
Our online training materials are interactive. You can edit content, provide feedback and request new topics. Your contributions support our commitment to continuous improvement. It also helps strengthen the knowledge of the GovCMS Community. More information is available in our Contributing and Feedback Guide.
Face to Face training
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have postponed face-to-face training. We hope to offer face-to-face training again soon.
If you and your team need training in specific areas of Drupal, we can help. Contact us to ask about customised training packages.
Learn the basics for publishing, editing and maintaining content. There are no pre-requites for this course.
- Login to the administration area and access key areas
- Create and manage content and content revisions
- Create and manage files and media assets
- Publish content and learn the GovCMS content moderation workflow
- Manage content URLs, URL aliases and redirects
- Use taxonomy to categorise content
- Create online forms
- Manage blocks of content and update site navigation
- Manage content layout
- Understand more about GovCMS and Drupal
Content Administration manual: https://salsa-digital.gitbook.io/govcms-content-administration
Learn how to build or extend a GovCMS SaaS website. This training is aimed at more experienced users, experienced with Drupal and/or other web content management systems.
- Extend default functionality in GovCMS8 to meet advanced functional requirements
- Use URL path configuration to improve your site’s search
- Show best practices for GovCMS8 site building
- Configure automatically generated images and thumbnails
- Configure both controlled vocabularies and free tagging with Taxonomy
- Create advanced listings of content
- Manage navigation through the GovCMS menu system
- Maintain a secure and well-performing website
Site Builder manual: https://salsa-digital.gitbook.io/govcms-site-builder