Rebuilding your Drupal 7 website
Drupal 7 customers
Last month we checked in with GovCMS customers who have Drupal 7 (D7) websites. This was an opportunity to hear about their plans to rebuild on Drupal 8 (D8) or Drupal 9 (D9) and answer their questions. We spoke to 46 out of 49 agencies with D7 websites. We were excited to hear the majority of D7 customers choosing to rebuild their websites on D8 are well underway or will be completing their rebuild by the end of the year. If you have funding available this year, we strongly recommend you rebuild your D7 website in D8 now. The upgrade to D9 should be relatively easy from what we know.
- 14 agencies plan to move their websites in two steps. They will move their D7 sites to D8 by Dec 2020
- The same 14 agencies will move their websites from D8 to D9 by June 2021
- 26 agencies plan to rebuild their D7 website in D9
- 15 agencies plan to rebuild their D7 website in D9 from Jan-June 2021
- 11 agencies plan to rebuild their D7 website in D9 from June-Dec 2021
No plans yet
- 6 agencies are yet to plan for D9. We will be working with these agencies over the next couple of months to help them get a plan in place.
We will be in contact with GovCMS customers who have D8 websites over the next few weeks to understand their plans to move to D9.