Seeking industry comment: Refresh of the GovCMS Drupal Services Panel - Draft Statement of Requirements
Finance intends to approach the market to continue the operation of the GovCMS Drupal Services Panel. The GovCMS team will publish a Request for Tender (RFT) on AusTender. It will open in February 2021 and close by mid-March 2021. We intend for the operational lifespan of the refreshed panel to be an initial 3-year period to 30 June 2024. It will include an optional 1-year extension.
Finance established the current GovCMS Drupal Services Panel in 2017. This arrangement expires in June 2021.
GovCMS launched in March 2015. The GovCMS platform hosts 305 live websites and has 45 websites in development. GovCMS has 92 agencies signed up.
This panel can also be used by agencies to build, maintain and enhance websites using Drupal. Agencies not hosted by the GovCMS platform can also use the panel.
We are looking for comprehensive responses from agencies and suppliers, to inform the statement of requirements, including small-medium enterprises and indigenous owned organisations.
The RFT will contain updated requirements to the arrangements currently in place:
- Category 1 services will include the ability for suppliers to offer senior and less experienced roles across all resource types. Refer to the Draft Statement of Requirement for full details on the roles we anticipate including.
- Category 2 – fixed price services will be simplified. This category will only include site assessment workshop packages, and application support arrangements using block hours at a fixed rate.
- Suppliers must accept the existing ‘Web Development Services Head Agreement’ and Module 1 of that Head Agreement as written. Specific terms and conditions that arise out of negotiations will be agreed and documented under Module 1. It will be attached to the Head Agreement for all suppliers to execute. A copy of the Head Agreement and any draft module will be attached to the RFT when issued.
We will streamline the operation of the panel to enable:
- The addition of new suppliers over time. Refreshes will likely occur on an annual basis.
- The removal of suppliers who have not delivered contracts under the panel in the period preceding a refresh. Such suppliers will be invited to reapply as part of the refresh process. They are not guaranteed to retain a place on the panel.
Any new arrangement will be in place by 30 June 2021. We anticipate shortlisting tenders from suppliers that can meet all the requirements in the Statement of Requirement. This can be either fully themselves or as part of a consortium or sub-contractor arrangement. We encourage tenderers to consider collaborating with indigenous suppliers. We do not anticipate accepting tenders from entities that only meet certain aspects of the requirements. All tenderers will be required to submit responses for Category 1 services. Category 2 services remain optional.
As part of consultation on the RFT, you’re invited to provide feedback on the draft version of the GovCMS Drupal Services Panel - Statement of Requirements (2021):
An industry briefing will be held as a virtual event early in 2021.
Feedback can be provided by emailing govCMS@finance.gov.au by 12 Noon (Canberra time) Monday, 25 January 2021.