Book your D8 to D9 migration (SaaS)
This form is for customers who currently have a Drupal 8 SaaS website with GovCMS.
Drupal 8 (D8) SaaS customers need to book in a preferred window of time to have their site automatically upgraded to Drupal 9 (D9).
We will follow this 3 step process:
- Step 1: creating a D9 version of your website in a feature branch in GitLab
GovCMS is running a process to automate the upgrade of your D8 SaaS website to D9 into a test environment.
We will use the Service Desk to facilitate this process and keep track of all the D8 websites.
- Step 2: having the opportunity to validate the migration, test your website and identify and fix any issues
Once the site has been upgraded, you will need to validate that your D9 site works and functions as expected. Validation should include:
- Reviewing that all content on your site is available.
- Editing/adding/deleting content to the environment works.
- The presentation of the site - does it appear on screen as expected.
- Do any features or interactive tools you have on your site still work and deliver the right results.
- When considering signing off:
If the site works as expected - advise the GovCMS team that the D9 version of the site can be turned on to the public.
If the site does not work as expected - additional work/testing will need to be done to ensure that the site can be successfully migrated to D9. Depending on the issues which may range from simple to complex.
- Step 3: switching the D8 website to the D9 website.
Once you are satisfied that your site works as expected, contact the Service Desk. You will need to request GovCMS to make the configuration changes to switch your website to D9.
The migrations will occur within 8 time-boxed groups across May to August 2021. The following table provides dates for each group.
To allow us enough time to finalise our internal processes, the cut off to be in each group is the Wednesday prior to each group's start date.
|Group||Timeframe||Group nomination cutoff|
|Monday 17 May 2021 - Friday 28 May 2021||COB Wednesday 12 May 2021|
|Group 3||Monday 31 May 2021 - Friday 11 June 2021||COB Tuesday 25 May 2021|
|Group 4||Tuesday 15 June 2021* - Friday 25 June 2021||COB Tuesday 8 June 2021|
|Group 5||Monday 5 July 2021 - Friday 16 July 2021||COB Tuesday 22 June 2021|
|Group 6||Monday 19 July 2021 - Friday 30 July 2021||COB Tuesday 6 July 2021|
|Group 7||Monday 2 August 2021 - Friday 13 August 2021||COB Tuesday 20 July 2021|
|Group 8||Monday 16 August 2021 - Friday 27 August 2021||COB Tuesday 3 August 2021|
* Public holiday Monday 14 June 2021